Tags: anxiety, arms, cause, cold, drugs, feel, guess, health, ive, legs, limbs-, medications, mental, neurologial, numbness, stress, suffer, suffered, twitches
can stress cause neurologial problems
does any suffer with numbness of the limbs- arms,legs. and get twitches.and there legs feel cold.
ive suffered with anxiety.. and i guess i feel stressed out most of the time.
ive had mri scans. loads of blood tests. still have not found anything wrong..
ive had this for about 2 years. and its starting to scare me. has it getting worse.. docters keep saying its stress... but i dont think it is...
Leave a comment...
- 8 Comments
- Listen, this does not sound like stress. It sounds way more serious considering it has been getting worse. Do you know if you have any other medical problems? What is your family history like?#1; Tue, 18 Dec 2007 17:30:00 GMT
I started out with what was a numb hand 7 months ago...I actually have MS. There are SO many people wiyth neurological symptoms who dont get a diagnosis of anything because nothing shows up on their MRI's till much later... My point is that when docs cant figure it out they say its stress...
BTW, I strongly believe that my stress in the last several years contributed to my getting MS. I had WAYYYY more stress than someone my age should have (I am 28 now.)#2; Tue, 18 Dec 2007 17:31:00 GMT
- Sahuja~ I'm pretty sure that stress can not and does not cause MS. But with MS, you can have emotional changes like anxiety etc. as a symptom.#3; Tue, 18 Dec 2007 17:32:00 GMT
- My brother has MS. All of the symptoms you have described are all symptoms of MS. Stress can trigger what is called a flair up. There are only 2 ways to detect MS; an MRI and Spinal tap. Please see your doctor about having these tests if your problem has occured over 2 yrs. There are very good treatments for these problems. Good luck.#4; Tue, 18 Dec 2007 17:33:00 GMT
- Hi - Also, an EMG nerve test can find many causes for numbness. Be sure to have it done by a competent neurologist. I had one done several years ago because of a feeling of tingling and burning in my right leg and foot. Fortunately, the doctor said that with time and exercise the nerves would heal. I do still have a burning sensation at times in both legs, but at least I know what it (probably) isn't. With the EMG test they can rule out many diseases; or, if you do have something wrong other than stress, they can treat it. :)#5; Tue, 18 Dec 2007 17:34:00 GMT
- I have CFS- which includes for me dizzyness, and numbing, ect. i got it from getting spinal menigities 5 years ago. I also have seizures when i over do it, but i think when we have alot of stress going on we can have physical symptoms. like stomich aches. headaches, our various condition worsening because of the stress.#6; Tue, 18 Dec 2007 17:35:00 GMT
- I say it is possible yes.I have had so many odd symptoms over the last 13 years and no test showed anything abnormal.I do have Generalized Anxiety Disorder.I do think you should do as as others here have sugessted though and have this checked into some more.#7; Tue, 18 Dec 2007 17:36:00 GMT
- hi .thanks to everyone!:)
i missed these replies. sorry for slow responce.
well i have know found out that i have a underactive thyroid. (hypo)
and i have read that this can sometimes cause numbness. but i have noticed that.my symptom keep going and then return every few months.
so maybe it is ms:confused: is there any other diseases that can keep remitting?
im having some more test done soon. inc lyme testing at igenex.
and i have had my amalgam fillings removed.and in the process of detoxing..
so im feeling a little better. for year's i have been getting an horrible metalic taste in my mouth. but know thats all gone since removal.
thanks for everyone,s responce. this forums great!!!:)#8; Tue, 18 Dec 2007 17:37:00 GMT