Tags: alo, back, drugs, gaining, health, lose, medications, mental, ounds, pounds, slowly, stress, weight
can stress make u lose weight
i had alot going on in the past 8 months and i lost alo of weight 31 pounds now i'm 92 ounds slowly gaining it back this happen to me before 3 years ago but they never found out why . i had a bad car accident in december then grandma past away in dec then husband lost his job and car started on fired then i got really sick ended up in the hospital for a week can stress do that
Leave a comment...
- 8 Comments
- Absolutely, I was abnormally thin back in my country where I was going through terrible stuff at home and at work for many years.#1; Tue, 18 Dec 2007 00:24:00 GMT
- Yes. I went through a divorce and lost 20 to 30 pounds> I wasnt able to concentrate and felt tense all of the time. I had to go to my doctor and was given an antidepressant which helped me feel much better. Lexapro or celexa works great. I finally had my appetite back and ife looked much brighter:) .#2; Tue, 18 Dec 2007 00:25:00 GMT
- For those of you who have experienced this problem, how long did it take for your appetite to return? I've have just been through one of the most stressful periods of my life (severe anxiety followed by the loss of two elderly loved ones within the span of two weeks). For the past three months, I've had NO appetite to speak of. Somehow, miraculously, through forced eating, I have managed to lose only a few pounds. Making myself eat, however, is really starting to take a toll on me. I've even resorted to taking an antidepressant (Remeron) since one of its side effects is *supposed* to be increased appetite. Not so for me. Any advice appreciated.#3; Tue, 18 Dec 2007 00:26:00 GMT
- I was feeling this way for a few weeks when I started taking celexa. The celexa wasnt working so my doctor gave me a script for zanax a mild nerve pill and this kicked the celexa in. The best medicine I have taken that made me feel great and helped my appetite was lexapro. I had to quit taking that because it made me gain weight but it gave me a great feeling of well being. good luck#4; Tue, 18 Dec 2007 00:27:00 GMT
- Thanks for the reply, Tami. How long did it take for the Lexapro and Celexa to help your appetite? I tried the Remeron for 4 weeks with no results. Went off it for 2 weeks then went back on it after feeling worse without it. It's now been 2 additional weeks on it and still no appetite. Even though I've managed to lose only a few pounds, I constantly worry that I will never get my appetite back and eventually starve to death! Also, if you don't mind my asking what was your dosage of Lexapro and Celexa? Thanks in advance!#5; Tue, 18 Dec 2007 00:28:00 GMT
- I'm also looking for answers to stress causing someone to lose there appetite.
I've been stressing over what I think is sciatica and I have been disabled by this for almost 2 and 1/2 months. Before this I had other stressful situations with my job and I always obsess about anything physical about my self.
So now I find it very hard to deal with the pain in my buttock and leg and want it to go away, that I cry a lot and then I have no appetite. I also force myself to eat. Everyday night I think tomorrow may be better, but that doesn't happen. I'm afraid to go to the Dr's, thats another fear of mine. I'm driving my husband crazy everyday asking him if I look pale to him, and he says I look ok, but my obsession tells me I don't. I want to sleep alot and do nothing, of course I can't because of my leg, walking is limited.
I have no body to help me with the house, as my hubby isn't in to that.
He may help with the dishwasher from time to time, but only when the dishes pile up. Sorry to burden anybody with this story but I'm am so stressed its not funny. I had a nurse tell me that stress can make a person lose their appetite, but I'm scared because its been going on for over 2 months. i have to say that within that time I can remember when I did eat and didn't have to force myself, It seems to have gotten worse over the past week when I heard more than a week ago a dear friend of mine is dying.#6; Tue, 18 Dec 2007 00:29:00 GMT
- I wish that someone would reply to the last post. I'm so needing some insight to this. If I could only here others experiences with this, it would help a great deal#7; Tue, 18 Dec 2007 00:30:00 GMT
- Yes. I went through a divorce and lost 20 to 30 pounds> I wasnt able to concentrate and felt tense all of the time. I had to go to my doctor and was given an antidepressant which helped me feel much better. Lexapro or celexa works great. I finally had my appetite back and ife looked much brighter:) .
how long did it take u to gaon the weight back#8; Tue, 18 Dec 2007 00:31:00 GMT